Creamy Chicken Soup
1 ea. Whole Chicken (aprox. 2 lb)
1 bunch Celery
9 ea. Carrots, Medium
3 ea. Yellow onions
2 ea. Garlic cloves
½ lb. Butter
2 ea. Bay leaves
3 tbsp. Italian seasoning
2 c. Cream
Salt and Pepper to taste
Thicken as desired with coconut flour and/or flax seed
- Place chicken in stock pot over medium heat and cover with water season with salt, pepper and bay leaf.
- While chicken is cooking, chop carrots, celery, onion and garlic
- Place vegetables in stock pot and sweat in butter until translucent over medium heat
- Add additional bay leaf, Italian seasoning and flour and stir.
- Add some of the broth from the chicken to the soup and stir, continuing to stir to keep from burning.
- When chicken is cooked, remove chicken and cool until touchable and add broth slowly to soup stirring well to disburse the roux evenly.
- Allow soup to come to a simmer for 15 minutes and stir often
- Pull chicken from bones and shred into bite size pieces and add to soup
- Finnish with cream and season with salt and pepper
Hint, you may add chicken base or chicken flavoring packet to soup to increase chicken flavor (or add in more ginger, garlic, and onion powder)